Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Reading

                 School is out and I have nothing to do but read. Oh Well.
                 So far, my favorite book I have read is The Invisible Tower, By Nils Johnson-Shelton. If you have ever read The Percy Jackson and the Olympiads series, or the Kane Chronicles, By Rick Riordan, they are very similar. Except that While the two series mentioned above use Greek Mythology (Percy Jackson), or Egyptian Mythology (The Kane Chronicles), The first book in The Otherworld Chronicles, The Invisible Tower, uses Merlin, Excalibur, Cleomede, etc. (would that be British Mythology?). Arthur "Artie" Kingfisher gets a mysterious message from his video game telling him that he is special, and he will meet "M" at the IT. The book is very good, and the author writes in the same style as Rick Riordan, but somehow differently.
                  More Book Reports after I have tackled a few more of the 37 books in my pile...

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good! I'll make sure to check it out. Have you read the series about Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat?

    ReplyDelete